Saturday, May 31, 2014

Last day of my First Week

I have officially completed my first week at the SugarPlum Cake Shop. I'm very excited not to have to wake up early for the next couple days (I say this as I'm typing at 4am because I fell asleep as soon as I got home and have just woken up). Today we worked on decorations for cakes and cupcakes that wont be needed for a couple weeks. I spent most of the day working on decorations for a travel themed wedding cake that's in July but has 2000 euro worth of decoration on it.



We made a 2D London bus.











And a 2D taxi and a 3D camera.











 We also worked on some petals for poppy flowers on another cake.







And here is a picture of the fruit I made yesterday.







Everyone at work was asking about my weekend plans and I'm not sure yet what I'll do. Perhaps I'll take pictures of the little things around town like where I live and the metro stations and whatnot, but it'll also be nice to just relax and have a couple days to myself. I will keep you all posted and keep checking back for more of my exploits in Paris!




2 comments:

  1. What's all that stuff made of?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gumpaste. It's basically fondant with tylose powder in it and fondant is like pure sugar. The gumpaste will dry out and become rock solid and keep for ages as long as it's kept dry.

    ReplyDelete