Saturday, May 24, 2014

Bus Tour of Paris (day 1)

I woke up today and I really wanted to take a bus tour around Paris. I remembered taking one with my mother when we visited London and it was tons of fun, so I looked online and found one just like it here is Paris complete with double decker bus. It has 4 different lines with 60 different stops all over Paris and you just hop on and off as you like and explore. I liked this one because it offered an audio tour that you just plugged in your head phones and listened to the history of the places you were driving past. So i spent the day on buses taking pictures all over town, I took 125 pictures in total so here is just a small sampling of what I saw. Now as my title implies this pass is good for 3 days so I will spend the next two riding the same buses and finding more interesting places to see and more pictures to come.

























Now I learned something interesting things on the bus, there are no lines on the roads here and you can just drive where ever and, trust me, people do. The buses would use there size to just bully there way threw crowds of cars, bikes, mopeds, and pedestrians honking at anyone who got in their way. The motorcycles and mopeds would weave in and out of cars and sometimes drive on the sidewalks. The cars would change 'lanes' constantly trying to be ahead of everyone else. It was a mad house on the roads and I'm surprised I didn't see anyone hit.



On a side note, this was the 5th bride I saw today all dressed up and taking pictures (yes it was raining on and off all day)...tis the season and the city for it, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment