Thursday, May 22, 2014

Art from Musee du Louvre

And now what you've all been waiting for, the artwork. Of course they have thousands of paintings from all eras of history from Medieval times to the Renaissance, from Asia threw Europe. Here are a few of my favorites including (of course) the Mona Lisa which had a crowd of at least 100 people around it and you could tell you were getting close because the museum got busier and busier the closer you got.









That pretty much sums up all the pictures I took but there was so much more to see like the many tapestries on the walls. The one thing I disliked was how everything was in French (I know, I know, I'm in France) but all the information placks telling me about the different exhibits where all French and I couldn't read what I was looking at in most cases. They had different information booths with big touch screens that had the option of English and I could have bought a guided tour in English, which I saw many people had (it looked like everyone was carrying around 3DS's). Perhaps if I go back I will get the guide and then know more of what was going on.

Here are just a couple more pictures from outside the Louvre.
This whole bridge was covered in locks this dense all the way down, both sides. They are called 'Love Locks' and couples would write their names on the pad lock and lock them onto the bridge throwing the key into the river afterwards. It was very cool to see and a bit unexpected.


No comments:

Post a Comment