Friday, May 23, 2014

Informal Interview

I had my "informal interview" with the Sugar Plum today at 2pm. It wasn't a real interview as they weren't going to tell me no, they've singed all the paperwork and I'm already here. They just talked with me about what I'll be doing and how they run their bakery, but I got to see the place and meet pretty much everyone who works there. It's a very nice little spot with a small cafe in the front and then you go back and there is a big(ish) courtyard and then the bakery. The kitchen itself is pretty tiny and a little cramped and, since I'm going to be (almost exclusively) doing cake decorating there, the table I will be working on is probably no bigger then 4ftx6ft and I'll share it with the head cake decorator and her other intern, who is only here for the next couple weeks. I got to see their cakes in progress and starting next week they have their first big cake of the wedding season to come so I'm super excited to be here for it. I will be working Tuesdays-Saturdays 7am-3pm and I'm sure to learn a lot about cake decorating and the specialty cake industry.

No comments:

Post a Comment