Monday, May 26, 2014

Bus Tour (day 3)

Last day of my bus pass and as soon as I stepped outside I saw it was a dreary, rainy, cold day like Saturday was. Now when it's rainy the open topped buses become a down side as there are hardly any seats in the bottom of the bus where it is warm and dry and they are all in the top of the bus with great views but it's rainy and windy. So when the weather is bad everyone packs into the bottom of the bus or pulls out their umbrellas and tries not to loose them while on the top of the bus (btw if you're umbrella goes inside out it's not the end of the world, you can pull it back into shape or face it into the wind and it'll pop back). I walked to the bus stop the whole time thinking "well it's Monday so it wont be that busy" on the bus or at the monuments. Well this thought didn't quite take in all the facts, yes it's Monday but it's a tour bus going to tourist spots and most tourists are on vacation...so Monday doesn't really mean much. The bus was crowded especially on the bottom and I sat at the top, freezing. I rode the bus around to a few sites but they were just as busy as they had been yesterday and I didn't really feel like spending my last day of "vacation" waiting in line, nor did I really want to spend it freezing on the top of a bus so I decided to head home.
In hind sight I really didn't need the third day on the pass but the difference between the two day pass and the three day pass was 4 euro so I feel I would have been silly not to have taken the third day but by today I was all touirst-ed out. I'm choosing to spend the rest of my day at home watching movies, reading my book, and surfing the web. Sorry about the lack of pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment