Sunday, June 29, 2014

Finishing out Week 5

As I finish my fifth week at the SugarPlum Cake Shop we managed to complete all of the orders for the week by the end of Friday and got to spend Saturday taking pictures and working on next week. We had 9 cakes to complete and 3 cupcake orders and one cookie order.


 I'll start with all the cakes, lots of simple wedding cakes.


 I like this one, a Starwars themed grooms cake. I made all the letters for it and we pulled out the air brush I didn't know we had to do stencils.









It's an elegant thing to add flowers to the cake and it seems to be very popular this season to have a buttercream cake with flowers, this is the fifth one we've done in the past three weeks.








 Now here are the comic book cupcakes I helped with all finished and ready to go.














And then finally some cookies and simple cupcakes. I get to help out with all the projects now that I'm the only intern and some of them I get to do the whole thing.
 Like with these super hero themed cupcake toppers for next week. I made all of them with very little instructions and just a picture off Pintrest to go off of. I really enjoy the cupcake toppers and the creativity it allows me, I could spend all day designing and creating cupcake toppers for everything (but don't tell Chef John I love cupcakes).

No comments:

Post a Comment