Thursday, July 3, 2014

Week what is it now?

It has slowed down and I can definitely tell the difference between last week and this week. This week we only have 7 orders and most of them are one or two tier cakes with one 5 tier and one 4 tier. I managed to level, fill, crumb coat, and finish coat all the cakes in just one day with just a couple hours of help from James. Then we covered and stacked all of them on Wednesday with time to spare. Today, however, James was not there and I had a list of things to accomplish (which I did).


First I started by bringing a little piece of America to France with these 4th of July themed cupcake toppers for the cafe. I researched and designed all of these by myself (though the hotdogs were James' idea). I think it's rather funny they had the only American at the cake shop making these.

 Then I worked on some Alice in Wonderland mini cupcake toppers.




And finished up my day by making these Angry Bird figurines for a cake next week. All of my work today was a wonderful success in my eyes and I'm excited for James to see it all tomorrow.





P.S. I'm leaving for my weekend trip to Berlin right after work tomorrow and the hostel I'm staying in doesn't have wifi so I may end up making one very big post when I get back on Monday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment