Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Second Tuesday

To reiterate, on Tuesdays we level, layer, and ice the cakes for the week. We had no icing to ice the cakes so I started on a big 12lb batch of swiss meringue buttercream and ended up having to make two batches for all the cakes. I only ended up icing one cake, a carrot cake for the cafe's case, but I got to work with a lot of sugar. I spent most of my time making comic book themed cup cake toppers.
On a side note, we Americans are so spoiled with our dryers and dish washers and hot water...the hot water in our apartment is broken and I really needed a shower so I took the coldest shower of my life. Like most people I've had the hot water cut out half way through my shower (and that sucks), but it's an entirely different thing to step into a shower and have the water hitting you be completely freezing from the start and to know that no matter how long you stand there it'll never get any warmer (in fact I think it got colder). Well here's hoping it's fixed by the next time I need a shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment