Friday, June 6, 2014

The fourth, fith, and sixth of June

Sorry for not updating for a couple days. Nothing truly exciting has happened, I spent Wednesday and Thursday making more cup cake toppers.
 These ones are for the comic book themed set and complete the 80 toppers we need to make.

These ones are for a horse themed party and I did them all by myself (for the most part). Also on Thursday I was freaking out cause My card wouldn't would in the metro stations but it worked at the store and the next day it was working just fine but it had me going crazy thinking I would only have 20euro for the rest of my trip.





Then I spent today with just me and the cake decorator, James, making a Game of Thrones inspired cake. I enjoyed getting to work directly with James, she explained the things we were doing and I got to seem knowledgeable because I'm a big Game of Thrones fan (the books not the TV show but still). She would ask questions about things on the picture of the cake we were imitating and I could answer cause I knew about the house crests, name days, and scale mail. YAY! Being a geek paid off.
Also, it's officially summer in Paris, it was like 90 degrees all day long and my apartment is sweltering. There's still no hot water and I thought that might actually be good today...not so much. I don't know where they keep the water tank but the water is still freezing and even on a hot day it was too cold for me to be willing to get in. Oh, and I found a place I can buy Dr.Pepper (don't know if I mentioned it but there's no Dr.Pepper here) I found a little British market within walking distance of my apartment and they sell all sorts of things, mostly British, including 2L Dr.Pepper for 5.39euro. I think I'll drop by this weekend and pick some up and perhaps some hobnobs and nerds.

No comments:

Post a Comment