Saturday, June 21, 2014

Week 4 Done

As I finish out my fourth week I am asked to evaluate how I feel I'm doing at SugarPlum and whether I feel I'm getting better. Well I do feel I've gotten a lot better and have learn a lot of neat tricks of the trade and I'd just like to thank Jame's for allowing me opportunities to test my skills as with the princess cupcake toppers (which we finished today, see, I did all of that!)
Jame's also thinks I'm doing well, in fact she says of all her interns I'm the one who has improved the most and the fastest. I like to think that everyday I take the things she's teaching me and ingrain them into myself on my never ending quest to be the very best. Here are some of the other cakes we worked on this week.




And this is my personal favorite (since I did all the decoration)
the 'Under the Sea' themed cake. I learned how to do ruffles on the bottom tier and a good scale effect on the top tier as well as getting a lot of practice at molding gumpaste. It also comes with 30 mini cupcakes which I made the toppers for.









We also had to remake the fake cake apparently they needed an extra inch of space between tiers which means we had to remake all but the bottom tier but we had to redo that one too because they stuck their fingers all in it and ruined it...clearly some people have no idea the work that goes into a cake and think they can just do whatever they please because they're a paying customer. Well that's all for this week, which made 6 orders seem like a lot of work, and guess how many we have next week...11. That's right 11 cakes with at least half of them 3 tiers or taller. It's gonna be a crazy week, and I'm very excited to get to do more and help out.

No comments:

Post a Comment