Saturday, July 19, 2014

Week 8

My last week at Sugar Plum ans things have really slowed down. Perhaps it's after that crazy week that everything just feels slower but we only had 6 orders this week and 3 of them were one or two tiers and one was a cupcake order. Also since I trained one of the other interns on cakes last week this week went by really quick finishing at 1 or 2 every day.
Today was my last day and I had asked to spend it learning to make figurines so here it is, my little Dr.Who! I had lots of fun making him and paying attention to all the little details (see his little sonic screwdriver?!?!). The hair was the hardest bit and, as you can see, compared to James' my hair is much thicker, but it's my first one and I'm very proud. I'm gonna try to take him home with me (we'll see if he survives the trip).






 Apparently the 'Frozen' cake is for some famous French blogger.


I did all the cut outs for Peter Pan, Wendy, John, and Micheal's silhouettes. It was not easy and took a lot of time and patience. 



 I also made the Angry Birds figurines.

 I also attached all the flowers to the Hydrangea cake but there is some debate on whether it's too many. I certainly used more then we made and more then I did on the last Hydrangea cake I did but I really don't feel like the second tier is over crowded.
So now I'm all done with my internship, I've completed all the hours I need and I've said my goodbyes to the Sugar Plum people. I have had lots of fun and I've learned a lot but I'm happy to be going home I miss everyone and I miss America with it's 32oz sodas and AC in every building. I've got one final thing planned and that's to go to Disney Paris on Monday with a couple of the girls from work it'll be a nice send off for my final day but I'll have to have everything packed so that's what I'll spend tomorrow doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment